The BWF Level 1 qualification is a globally recognised qualification that carries weight in badminton communities around the world. This course is designed by the Badminton World Federation as part of their linear Coach Education system that develops a deep insight into the complexities of coaching. More information on BWF Coaching qualifications can be found here: https://development.bwfbadminton.com/coaches/level-1
Badminton New Zealand are seeking applications from individuals and associations to attend and complete the BWF Coach Education Level 1 course. This is a great opportunity to up-skill and further develop coaches in your region. This is an ideal course for many of your Association representative coaches who are coaching teams at Badminton New Zealand event.
This opportunity is limited to 20 places per course to ensure that the course covers material comprehensively and enables time for coaches to engage with presenters. Successful applicants will be required to attend both weekends.
- Part One: 23/24 April 8:30am – 5:00pm daily
- Part Two: 1/2 October 8:30am – 5:00pm daily
- The application process is intended to ensure that the course is suitable for participants.
- Applications close on Monday 28th February 5:00pm. Applicants will be notified during the week 7th – 11th March as to whether you have secured a place on the course.
- Please complete the following online form to apply for the course: https://forms.gle/Gy8aEpREABqfytFJA
- Participants will need to be vaccinated to attend and carry out this course. Badminton New Zealand will request a copy of your vaccine pass prior to the course beginning. Please note, the pass will be sighted and the supplied copy will be destroyed.
- In addition, Badminton New Zealand will request that all successful applicants complete a police vetting form.