Badminton New Zealand is pleased to announce the calendar of events for 2023.
The season begins early with the Oceania Individual and Team Championships at the Badminton North Harbour Centre from the 10-19th of February. With North Harbour's successful delivery of the North Harbour International, and with countries across the Oceania Region travelling to New Zealand to be crowned the Oceania Champions, there is no doubt that this event will be of high calibre on and off court.
- 10 - 12th February - Oceania Junior Mixed Team Championships
- 13 - 16th February - Oceania Junior Championships
- 13 - 16th February - Oceania Championships
- 17 - 19th February - Oceania Open Mixed Team Championships
Sanctioned events get underway on the first weekend of March, with a total of 45 events scheduled throughout the year, including four of the NZ Tour Series - which we saw players vying for a top-8 finish in the tour rankings to qualify for the NZ Tour Finals.
- 17 - 19th March - Waikato Open
- 07 - 09th April - Wellington North Open
- 12 - 14th May - North Island / North Harbour Open
- 18 - 20th August - South Island / Canterbury Open
- 22 - 24th September - NZ Tour Finals
National Championships will be held across the country in 2023, with all the Junior Individual Championships held as stand-alone event for the first time.
- New Zealand U13 Championships | Counties Manukau
- New Zealand U15 Championships | Waikato
- New Zealand U17 Championships | Waitakere
- New Zealand U19 Championships | Canterbury
- New Zealand National Championships | North Harbour
- New Zealand Masters National Championships | Auckland
- New Zealand Junior Team Championships | Manawatu
- Wisden and Slazenger Cup | Auckland
At an international level, the Australian Open and New Zealand Open are scheduled for August. While the North Harbour International is scheduled for October. We also expect to see the addition of several lower-level international international events within the Oceania region towards the end of the year.