Learn from BWF Referees Julie Carrel and Lynne Nixey during two days of intensive learning as they upskill Qualified and Trainee Referees with the key skills and competencies to excel as a Referee at National and Grade 3 International events.
- Venue: Alpers Lodge Conference Centre.
- Saturday, 6th May - 10am to 6pm
- Learn / refresh key skills required to be a Referee at National level events, i.e., manual draws, draw and withdrawal management, pre-tournament requirements and scheduling.
- Sunday, 7th May - 9am to 3pm
- An introduction to the competencies required to be a Referee at international grade 3 tournaments.
What to Bring
- A laptop with the 2023 Tournament Software software downloaded. You can download from tournamentsoftware.com Note that Badminton New Zealand will provide you with the 2023 software licenses prior to this weekend.
- A pen and notepad/book.
- Note, lunch will be provided each day, however all other costs of participation will be at the expense of participants.
- A willingness to engage in meaningful discussion with Julie, Lynne and your fellow Referees.
- Badminton Oceania are offering a small number of out-of-town Referees a travel subsidy to support their attendance. This subsidy is specifically for up-and-coming Referees that are interested in becoming Badminton Oceania or Badminton World Federation Referees in the future.
- If you would like to be considered for this subsidy, please ensure you tick the box below and provide all relevant information.
- All other attendance costs a side from lunches, will be at the expense of the participant.
If interested please register no later than Sunday, 19th March.
If you have any questions please contact Sam Paterson (email@example.com).