Covid-19 Update: 14 September

September 14, 2020

Dear Badminton Stakeholders

Following the Prime Ministers announcement today, New Zealand will remain at current COVID-19 Alert Levels.

The NZ Government will review the restrictions in Auckland on Monday 21st September 2020 with the hope of increasing mass gatherings to  100 from Wednesday 23rd September 2020.

If cases continue to track as they are and containment of cases is maintained, the NZ Government will likely shift the rest of New Zealand to Alert Level 1. From 11:59pm on Monday 21st September 2020.

Please note the following implications:

  • The Central Region Super Veterans Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 19th and 20th September 2020 will proceed with no changes.
  • The Northern Region Super Veterans Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 19th and 20th September 2020 is cancelled. We know this will be disappointing for players and we share this frustration. Badminton New Zealand will provide a full refund for all teams and associations for this competition.
  • The Central Region Masters Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 26th and 27th September 2020 will proceed with no changes.
  • The Northern Region Masters Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 26th and 27th September 2020 will proceed if the Alert Level 2 restrictions in Auckland move to allow mass gatherings of up to 100 people. This decision will be made on Monday 21st September 2020. We appreciate that this is late notice and some teams may need to default matches. Please keep in touch with Sam at [email protected] if you have any questions.
  • The National Tertiary Championships is scheduled for the 26th and 27th September 2020 and will proceed if the Alert Level 2 restrictions in Auckland move to allow mass gatherings of up to 100 people. This decision will be made on Monday 21st September 2020. Badminton New Zealand will make all event decisions in partnership with University & Tertiary Sport NZ.
  • Badminton New Zealand have opened entries for the NZU13, NZU15, NZU17 and NZU19 National Championships and that these close on Wednesday.
  • Badminton New Zealand strongly recommends that all badminton associations, clubs, facilities, activities, events and competitions follow the Alert Level guidelines. Please contact us if you need any assistance in this area.
  • We will monitor the continuation of future events and competitions in accordance with the NZ Government updates and COVID-19 Alert Levels.

Please note that at all times our badminton community should first and foremost follow the requirements and advice of the New Zealand Government, the Ministry of Health and Sport New Zealand. The websites for these organisations are at the bottom of this email.

Our advice remains simple – follow the New Zealand Government and Sport New Zealand guidelines and ensure your community safety is put first. We recommend only continuing to participate and deliver badminton if it can be done safely while meeting all the requirements set out in the guidelines.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me or any Badminton New Zealand staff if you have questions, concerns or need help in any way.

Thank you for your continued patience and support as we continue to work through these challenging times. We will have another update on Monday 21st September 2020.

Many thanks

Joe Hitchcock
Chief Executive
Badminton New Zealand

www.covid19.govt.nz
www.health.govt.nz
www.sportnz.org.nz

Tags: 
«
September 21, 2020
 »
September 4, 2020

Latest News

envelopephonemap-marker