Covid-19 Update: 4 September

September 4, 2020

Dear Badminton Associations

Following the Prime Ministers announcement today that New Zealand will remain at Alert Level 2. Extra restrictions will continue in the Auckland region for gatherings.

The Alert Levels will next be reviewed on Monday 14 September. If the restrictions do change, this will happen at 11:59pm on Wednesday 16 September.

As such, Badminton New Zealand have made the decision to cancel the Northern Region Senior Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 12th and 13th September 2020.

Unfortunately this means we will also cancel the Northern Region Senior Inter-Association competition season as a whole due to the limited time available to reschedule ties.

We know this will be disappointing for players and our badminton community and we share this frustration. Badminton New Zealand will provide a full refund for all teams and associations for this competition.

We believe it is best to wait to make a decision on the Northern Region Super Veterans Inter-Association competition scheduled for the 19th and 20th September 2020. It is our hope that the update from the NZ Government on Monday 14th September will be positive in allowing this competition to go ahead. We totally understand if teams / associations want to make a decision for themselves earlier and if you do, please get in contact with Sam Paterson at [email protected].

Please note that the Central Region Inter-Association competition will proceed as planned.

Please let us know if there are any questions in regards to this information.

Thank you for your continued patience and support as we continue to work through these challenging times.

Many thanks

Joe Hitchcock
Chief Executive
Badminton New Zealand

Tags: 
«
September 14, 2020
 »
September 2, 2020

Latest News

envelopephonemap-marker